Term Dates for all schools until July 2015
Details of the new process
Find out which catchment school your child will go to
Your guide to Higher Education funding
Primary Review April 2012
On 17th April 2012, the Education Department published an independent review of States-maintained primary education in Guernsey and Alderney. The review was undertaken by Denis Mulkerrin, supported by former Guernsey Headteacher Trevor Grayland and former Surrey Headteacher and data expert Tim Tatham.
The review was commissioned by the Education Board and considered:
- levels of attainment and progress in literacy and numeracy,
- comparable statistics between Bailiwick schools in these areas and with other relevant jurisdictions,
- whether the findings of Mr Mulkerrin's Secondary Review equally apply to primary schools
- the effectiveness of school performance setting and assessment
- the effectiveness of independent evaluation
- the actual or potential effect on education outcomes of specific issues as may be identified by the review
- the processes and policies surrounding public dissemination of key education performance indicators
- the effectiveness of transition between pre-school, primary and secondary phases
A copy of the report is available to download below.
On Friday 20th July the Education Board published its response to Mr Mulkerrin's Primary Review. A copy of this full response and action plan is available to download below.
Director of Communications, Nicky BougourdAddress: PO Box 32, Grange Road, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 3AU
Tel: +44 01481 733076 Fax: +44 01481 714475 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org